Thursday, May 13, 2010

BE the change you wish to see in the world

Quite frankly, I am not a strong supporter of any governing body; all politicians to me are crooks and liars. It’s easy for me to down on the government, but let’s face it; without it, there would be anarchy and all order would be gone. However much I would love to continue writing about flaws in our Government (on a national or state/local level), lately I've been more concerned with the 2010 census; which reminds me, i need to fill it out and submit it. Recently on the news I heard of a census related shooting as someone hired to go out to homes and assist families with filling out the census form and wasn’t very welcome. I’m not sure exactly what happened but this just shows you how much ignorance is spreading. People want to complain that the government should do this and that, or that it isn’t providing for the citizens correctly. The census helps the government get you in the system (kills me to say it), it helps them see where you’re coming from and what arrangements might be necessary to help improve your way of life. When I heard about this shooting I was slightly appalled that it would escalate to such a level where people need to pull out firearms over a piece of paper? There are many problems in the system as I am aware, and the government is “ too lazy” to fix them, or they want to work on the bigger picture forgetting what they need to take care of first. Even with healthcare, I support Obama and his healthcare movement, for he did it with good will for the people, and still there are people, and governments opposing it. I guess whenever there are people and issues; there will be talk and argument. Some people see progression as destruction of their traditions, as others see it as a mandatory change needed in society. Whenever there is disagreement, there is conflict. In the United States, everyone faces their government in times of crisis and conflict. Where is the independence and freedom that this country was founded on, I don’t think any human being(s) should be given the kind of power that the government has.

No comments:

Post a Comment